Pacific National University pays great attention to the network cooperation between the universities of different countries and various associations.
In March 2011, PNU became a member of the elite international organization: the Association of Sino-Russian Technical Universities (the ASRTU). Initially it consist of 30 universities, by 15 from each country. Nowadays, 41 Russian and Chinese universities are the members of the Association. The main ASRTU objectives are:
- integration of the Sino-Russian technical universities efforts in the sphere of training of highly qualified personnel for the innovating economy;
- promotion of the students and faculty members academic exchange;
- development of the research and development cooperation between Russia and China.
In May 2012, PNU became an association member, and in October 2012 - a full member of the network "University of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization" (USCO), which includes about 70 universities from Russia, China, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Kazakhstan.
In September 2012, during the 10th Forum of Rectors of the Universities of the Russian Far East and Siberia and North-Eastern regions of China in Changchun (China) the Association of the Universities of the Russian Far East and Siberia and North-Eastern Regions of China was established. The Association establishment was agreed and approved by the Ministry for Education and Science of Russia and the Ministry for Education of China.
The Association objectives are:
- expanding cooperation and integration forms in scientific, educational and cultural spheres;
- experience exchange, coordination and collaboration in the field of academic and research activities of the universities of Russian Far East and Siberia and North-Eastern provinces of China;
- promotion of the students and faculty members academic exchange.
Pacific National University became the founder of the Association from Russia. From China it was North-Eastern Agricultural University (Harbin).
In September 2013, Pacific National University became a member of the Russian-Kyrgyz Consortium of Technical Universities (RKCTU), which includes 20 leading Russian universities and 6 universities of Kyrgyzstan.
In 2013, PNU became one of the founders of the Association of Asian Universities (AAU). It consists of universities of Armenia, Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Russia, Tajikistan, Thailand. The rector of Altai State University was elected the Association President. The AAU objective is creation of common educational space by promoting cooperation between the member universities and organizations.
In November 2013, Pacific National University joined the Association of Sino-Russian Economic Universities (ASREU). The Association Russian head office is located at Saint Petersburg State University of Economics (St. Petersburg) and Chinese head office - at University of International Business and Economics (Beijing).
The PNU staff and students regularly participate in various academic, cultural and sports events of the international university associations.